Today, computers are fast becoming a part of everyday life. Whether
you have a computer at home or not, we all interact with some
form of computer technology almost every day, from entering a
customers details into a database at work, to using an ATM at
your local bank.
For many people, starting to use a computer can be a rather daunting
and frustrating experience. That's where Thinking Administration
Systems (TAS) comes in. Instead of spending months of your precious
time trying to learn how to use your Mac/PC's 100's of useful
features, let us teach you (Sydney, Australia only). With our
highly experienced computer gurus, you could learn in 2 hours
what might take you months to learn on your own.
All TAS staff have been using computers since the early to mid
1980's, which not only gives us a great understanding of why the
computers of today have evolved the way they have, but also means
that we have a firm knowledge of the current Macintosh and Windows
Below is a description of each subject area we can train you
on, as well as a brief description of the lessons content :
You can arrange for us to come to your home or office to do a one on one tutorial, or teach a group of employees / friends at once. Below are some examples of pricing (all prices include GST). Obviously a group session would be cheaper for each person, as you can split the cost over the entire group :
| Getting started with Mac OS / Windows
- how to use the mouse and keyboard
- terminology ; window, menu, desktop, RAM, hard drive, etc.
- opening and using programs / applications
- setting your interface (how you want your computer to look)
- navigating around your Mac / PC
| Getting on the internet
- what is the internet?
- what can it do for me?
- joining up with an internet service provider (ISP)
- going to web sites (www.something.com)
- how to use email
| Basic word processing, spreadsheets, drawing and painting
- terminology ; fonts, bold, italic, cells, etc.
- typing up a letter
- creating a personal budget using a spreadsheet
- make a drawing / painting design
| Problems and FAQ's
- why can't I open an attachment my friend has sent me?
- some good internet sites to visit
- what does this error mean?(ISP)
- finding / using software updates and patches
- backing up your work
- connecting other devices (scanners, printers, zip drives, etc.)
- home movie video editing (may require certain equipment)
- using your computer faster - keyboard shortcuts, secrets and tips
- cool things you can do to impress
- what else can I do with my computer?
| Basic web design
- setting up a personal web site
- links to other pages and web sites
- adding buttons, pictures, movies and sounds
- registering with search engines
- the technical secrets
If you think that this is something that you and a group of friends could benefit in learning, or perhaps your employees need some basic training for the new computer system you just had installed, please don't hesitate to Contact us to select / suggest a course, or for more information.
| 1-4 people
$264 for a 2 hour session (plus a 10 minute break)
$110 for every additional hour thereafter
e.g. :- $66 per person for a group of 4, for 2 hours
| 5-9 people
$330 for a 2 hour session (plus a 10 minute break)
$143 for every additional hour thereafter
e.g. :- $36.65 per person for a group of 9, for 2 hours
| 10-15 people
$396 for a 2 hour session (plus 10 minute break)
$176 for every additional hour thereafter
e.g. :- $26.40 per person for a group of 15, for 2 hours
| +15 people
please Contact us for a quote, as you may require additional tutors and equipment